Greater Seminole County Real Estate Report 6-3-20: As we continue to navigate the COVID pandemic, the guidelines have been updated for Florida Real Estate. Make sure you’re in the know!
Florida Real Estate: Where are We Now?
As we continue to navigate a new normal, it is important to make sure that the community stays current on Florida real estate changes and updates. An article by Florida Realtors outlines suggestions for open houses and the reopening of real estate offices. This comes as we begin to see executive orders pertaining to COVID-19 expire. Let’s take a look at what you can expect if you are looking to buy a home or sell your current one.
What May Open Houses Look Like Post COVID-19?
On May 22, 2020, Florida Realtors set forth a new version of safety guidelines for open houses. Here are a few things you can expect if you plan on visiting an open house:
- Measures will be taken to properly disinfect the property before the start of the open house.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) may be available for all guests. However, it may even be required for the duration of the visit.
- You may need to make an appointment over the phone or online to see an open house. This helps to control the population density.
Lastly, if you are feeling ill, you should not attend an open house. The same goes if you have been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
What Can You Expect When Visiting Your Realtor’s Office?
Open houses may not be the only change. Your Realtor’s office may be operating a little differently as well. Changes may include:
- The office may look different in terms of chairs and desks. This is to meet social distancing recommendations.
- Your realtor’s office may be seeing clients by appointment only to better control the number of people in the office at one time.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be readily on hand for guests coming through the door and to keep surfaces clean.
It is impossible to eliminate the risk of COVID-19, but realtors are doing their part to help minimize the spread. Here at Gitta Sells, we are dedicated to your safety while helping you buy a new home and/or sell your current one. We are taking the recommended safety precautions as set forth by the CDC. If you have any questions regarding home buying and selling or our safety protocol please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-330-2181.