Greater Seminole County Real Estate Report 4-14-21: What do you need to know about buying a home in Lake Mary? Avoid these common pitfalls and check out the top 5 things you should know about this city!
Buying a home means beginning a new chapter, whether you’ve lived in Lake Mary all your life or newly relocating here. Naturally, you are ready to close, move, and get settled into your new place. However, there are some essential things you should know. In this week’s newsletter, we will dive into how to avoid critical mistakes when buying a home in Lake Mary and the top 5 things you should know about living in the City of Lakes!
Pitfalls Every Buyer Needs to Avoid!
Unless you are an agent, there is no reason why you should be an expert in the home buying process. Furthermore, it’s not every day you purchase a new home. Lack of knowledge makes it easy to fall prey to common buyer mistakes such as these:
- Failure to partner with an experienced Realtor – A reputable Realtor knows the process like the back of their hand. In addition, he or she can give you sound advice while helping you steer clear of potential issues in your path. This type of invaluable experience will save you time, money, and heartache.
- Foregoing a home inspection – Saving a few hundred dollars by declining a home inspection can end up costing you thousands if there are hidden problems in the home. Always have a professional inspection conducted before purchasing.
- Failing to account for the cost of upkeep – Most buyers tend to do their due diligence when creating a budget for how much of a mortgage they can afford. However, they completely forget about the maintenance costs throughout the year, such as cleaning gutters, replacing filters, pressure washing the exterior, etc. Make sure you include both in your budget.
- Not negotiating – In most cases, the listing price is flexible. You should always negotiate in your best interest without insulting the seller.
5 Things You Should Know About Lake Mary
Lake Mary is one of the most highly sought-after cities in the Sunshine State, and for a good reason. Whether you’ve just moved here or plan to, here’s what you should know about this affluent city!
- Lowest crime rates – Lake Mary proudly has one of the lowest crime rates in Florida. This is thanks to our stellar community-based Police Department, versatile Fire Department, and incredible residents.
- Top-rated school district – The Seminole County School District is ranked as one of the top school systems in the state. They are currently #1 in STEM and calculus, and physics enrollment. The school system proudly has a 94.5% graduation rate and, for 41 consecutive years, has exceeded the national high school SAT average!
- Tech corridor – This city is a hub for high-tech businesses, including Mitsubishi, AT&T, Verizon, FARO Technologies, and many more!
- Amenities galore – Lake Mary is known for offering superior dining experiences, shopping opportunities, state-of-the-art recreational facilities, and entertainment for the entire family.
- Convenient to Orlando – Don’t forget! Lake Mary is just a stone’s throw away from Orlando’s epic global attractions, including Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World.
Are You Ready for the Adventure of a Lifetime?
If you are looking to buy a home in Lake Mary, the time has never been better! Gitta Sells is here to help with all of your home buying needs. Feel free to reach out at email@example.com or 407-330-2181 with any questions you may have!