Should you use the same Realtor? Yes, using one person to buy and sell your home streamlines the process and offers several benefits!
If you’re preparing to sell your home and buy a new one at the same time, you may be asking yourself the question, “Do I really need two different Realtors?”. The answer is no, so long as you choose the right Realtor. Some agents only specialize in one part of the equation. However, others are well versed in assisting both buyers and sellers. This is your guide on why you should use the same Realtor to streamline the buying and selling process.
What is the Role of a Listing Agent?
A listing agent assists homeowners in selling their homes. Duties include:
- Determining the best price for your home (Use our home value calculator to instantly find out how much your home is worth)
- Listing your home for sale
- Preparing and staging your home (In fact, staged homes sell for a higher price than their unstaged counterparts) Learn more about staging your home here.
- Find the right buyer for your home
- Handling associated paperwork and closing of the sale
What is the Role of a Selling Agent?
A selling agent helps buyers find the home of their dreams. Duties include:
- Showing buyers potential homes that fit their criteria
- Making offers and negotiating the best deal on behalf of the buyer
- Handling associated paperwork and closing of the sale.
When Should You Use the Same Realtor to Buy and Sell Your Home?
The only time you should use the same Realtor is when you find a trusted Realtor who is equally experienced and comfortable acting as both a listing and selling agent.
The Benefits of Using the Same Realtor?
Using the same Realtor for both processes is advantageous because:
- It eliminates the stress and hassle of having to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties.
- It is easier to sync closings so that you do not end up without a place to live waiting for the closing of your new home to take place.
- One agent will be more familiar with your situation and your needs on both sides of the equation. This is especially helpful during negotiations.
- It can be challenging to find one person you trust, let alone two. Finding one agent who can handle both roles means you only have to find one person you are comfortable with.
- It’s more convenient only to have to deal with one agent, which frees up time for your job and family.
Partner with the Lake Mary Realtor Who Will Treat You Like Family
Whether you are looking to buy and sell or just one or the other, Gitta Sells has over 30 years of experience. There is no need to waste your valuable time going to two different places. As the most trusted Realtor in Lake Mary, we can take care of all of your buying and selling needs. I’m here to answer any questions you may have about the buying and selling process. Feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-330-2181. I can’t wait to talk with you!
Browse Lake Mary Homes for Sale!